These 30 parent tricks, while bizarre, are really brilliant! I never would have thought of No. 9.
Life with children is a constant adventure, full of surprises. With these simple tricks, dealing with certain surprises will be much easier. The best part? Your little ones will love many of them. So everyone wins!
1. If your kids are afraid of monsters in the night, you just need a spray bottle and a few stickers to make your own “monster spray.”
2. Parents of twins know the problem: Who is who? The solution is simple!
3. Splinters can be easily removed by using baking soda. It helps to drive the splinter back out.
4. Baking soda is also great for removing stains.
5. If your child is having problems getting to the toilet, but is too old for diapers, maxi pads are a great solution.
6. A cupcake form keeps your popsicle from dripping everywhere.
7. It’s not always easy making sure the kids are dressed warmly. Why not cover their heads with a strawberry?
8. By putting more than one dish in the microwave, dinner is more quickly on the table.
9. With these forget-me-not mittens, you’ll never have to worry about losing your kid in a crowd.
10. Use a laundry basket in the tub to keep all the toys within reach.
11. To help them put on their shoes correctly, cut a sticker in half and put both parts on the inside of each shoe.
12. You can avoid a sticky mess by putting a twisty straw into a cup. Kids can’t pull it out so easily!
13. Make a clever time out timer: fill a bottle with water and add a small container of glitter glue and some extra fine glitter. Then shake the bottle and when the glitter settles, time out is over.
14. This little sign of courtesy is perfect for deflecting the ire of fellow passengers on a long flight.
15. Help them reach the faucet by using an empty bottle of shampoo.
16. Use a bed sheet to tie a cool hammock underneath a table. Pirates, ahoy!
17. Make a hole in a pacifier and stick a pipette inside. Now medicine is not so horrifying for the little one.
18. Teach your children to hold juice boxes on the side. That’ll keep them from squeezing and spilling them.
19. Turn a huge cardboard box into a functional slide for the stairs.
20. Help them learn to write by putting a kleenex in their hand.
21. A DVD box is a perfect portable coloring box.
22. This is a brilliant idea for long trips. Piles of entertainment right at their fingertips.
23. This little sticker tattoo has the contact information of the parents if the child gets lost. Hopefully not necessary though!
24. Put some glitter on a dollar bill and make the tooth fairy REALLY magical.
25. A lint roller removes glitter (and almost anything else).
26. Rubber bands hold sliced apples together so they don’t brown so fast.
27. Not sure what to do with the old crib? Turn it into a super cool desk!
28. Pool noodles can be cut and stuck to a door to avoid loud slams and hurt fingers!
29. Another function for a pool noodle: put it under the covers to prevent kids from falling out of bed.
30. This device is attached to the handles of a buggy and automatically rocks it!
If you think these tricks are helpful for parents, share them with your friends!