Uric acid crystallization can cause joint pains, gout, arthritis and even kidney failure. It has the ability to trigger joint pains and make them so severe if not handled by a qualified doctor. The pain can become chronic once it is not treated right and that gout is already in your system. Gout will then lead to joint inflammation and then, acute arthritis.
The most common causes of gout, or accumulated uric acid, are:
- High blood pressure
- Chronic kidney problems
- Family history
- Alcohol consumption
Gout occurs when the body has to process too much protein from certain foods, such as red meat. Some of these proteins are eliminated through urine and sweat, but some also remain within the body.
When this starts to exceed normal levels, it gets deposited in various locations, including the bloodstream and the joints.
This is why uric acid crystals are so painful, causing swelling, redness, and feelings of tightness or pressure in certain areas – especially in the big toe or the hands. To a lesser extent, it can manifest in the knees, feet, ankles, shoulders, or elbows.
How to reduce uric acid
It’s important that you keep a healthy diet, adding plenty of water-rich foods and those that have a low purines content, such as cucumber. This vegetable packs a mere 7.3 milligrams of purines per 100-gram serving, making it ideal for reducing uric acid levels and preventing gout.
Water also helps eliminate the uric acid crystals that accumulate in the joints, causing a lot of pain. Drink plenty of water per day (more than two liters, even), and up your intake of water-rich foods. In addition to cucumber, zucchini, squash, and fruits are excellent choices.
There are several natural ways of removing the uric crystallization as well as some artificial methods. The following are ways to remove uric acid crystallization from joints:
- Cucumber juice. Cucumber has so many health benefits. Eating raw cucumber is the best way to remove uric crystallization from your system. Although it can be eaten raw, you can also process as well as cook it. You have the choice what is the best way you can have cucumbers into your body.
For best results, you can have cucumber juice mixed with lemon. This may be a bit bitter but the benefit it will be bringing into your body is priceless. Prepare the following to make raw cucumber juice:
- young gingerroot
- cucumber, medium sized
- slice of lemon
- 2 ribs of celery
- Clean all ingredients thoroughly
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces based on the capacity of your blender
- Add the celery, making sure there is no dirt on the ribs
- Slice the ginger root
- Use half a lemon
- Mix all together and blend
Take this juice twice in a day and you will start noticing changes instantly.
- Tart cherry juice. This juice is mostly recommended by doctors. It has the ability to remove uric crystallization very fast as it is stated in the joint pain facts. This kind of juice is available in the market. If you want fast results, ensure that you take pure cherry juice; not those kinds which have other ingredients mixed in them. The natural juice is the quickest way to remove uric acid crystallization.
Taking natural cherry juice helps patients deal with arthritis and joint pain. This is because the juice helps forming your bone cartilage hence reducing the grinding together of joints which causes pain and other physical discomforts.
- Hydrate. Water is a solution to so many health problems. It has the ability to keep your skin young despite your age. Ensure that you take at least 8 glasses of pure clean water in a day. This will help reduce constipation, burn calories and aid in the removal of uric acid crystallization.
Pure water has no side effect on the human body. You can take it either hot or cold, depending on your preference. Just make sure that you are drinking clean and potable water. It will be noticeable that after you have started consuming the right amount of water, the
- Medication. Seek medical attention. Have a doctor run tests on you to know the best medication that will work for you. Your doctor will prescribe the drugs you require and will make sure that they will help in the removal of uric acid crystallization completely. You should follow the doctor’s prescriptions to ensure that you are in the best health condition.
- Celery. It is an excellent source of vitamin K and molybdenum. It is a very good source of folate, potassium, dietary fiber, manganese, and pantothenic acid.Celery is also a good source of vitamin B2, copper, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids). Depending on location and cultivar, either its stalks or its hypocotyl are eaten and used in cooking and juicing.
- Ginger. Keep ginger in your spice cabinet? Maybe it should be placed in your medicine cabinet instead! Besides being a tasty spice every so often used to enhance holiday treats, ginger can soothe upset stomachs and diminish nausea. Studies have shown that it may help reduce pain and inflammation as well.
In fact, a University of Miami study reached a conclusion that ginger extract could one day be a natural substitute to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The study compared the effects of a highly concentrated ginger extract to placebo in 247 patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee. The ginger reduced pain and stiffness in knee joints by 40% over the placebo.
“Research shows that ginger affects certain inflammatory processes at a cellular level,” says the study’s lead author, Roy Altman, MD, now at the University of California, Los Angeles.
What makes ginger so helpful?
“Ginger has anti-inflammatory, anti-ulcer and antioxidant activities, as well as a small amount of analgesic property,” says Roberta Lee, MD, vice chair of the Department of Integrative Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City.
If you prefer the tangy whiz of fresh ginger, here is some good stuff:
Researchers at the University of Georgia in Athens and Georgia State College & University in Milledgeville reported in the Journal of Pain that a few tablespoons ofgrated ginger can help ease muscle pain caused by exercise.
You can also add a couple of tablespoons to your diet by grating ginger over a salad or into a stir fry. Or you could simply grate 1-2 teaspoons of ginger root and simmer it in a pot with hot water for 5 minutes to make a soothing tea.
The celery and ginger will also help reduce inflammation during the cleansing. They make a perfect combo!
- Lemon. As for the lemon juice, we need not say a lot about it. It is a universal healer of all inflammation processes.
The health benefits of the lemon are due to its many nourishing and healing elements such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and protein.
The lemon is a fruit that contains flavonoids, which are composites that contain antioxidant and cancer-fighting properties. It helps to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, indigestion and many other problems, as well as improving the skin, hair, and teeth.
Studies conducted at the American Urological Association highlight the fact that lemonade or lemon juice can eliminate the occurrence of kidney stones by forming urinary citrate, which prevents the formation of crystals.
Since the lemon is also a diuretic, it can effectively treat rheumatism and arthritis. It helps to flush out bacteria and toxins from the body.
The above are some of the best ways to remove uric acid crystallization from your joints. If left unattended this will become dangerous; it can actually cripple you if not deal with properly and early enough. Make sure that you follow the above-given procedures to warrant your health and wellness.
Share the knowledge and information you got to help people around you realize the trouble of acid crystallization as well as be able to take caution where necessary.